Rights and Obligations of Users
- Your business permit requirements
If the permission or approval by the relevant authorities is required for your commercial or non-commercial activities using the services provided by Baidu AI Cloud, you shall obtain the relevant permission or approval. They shall include but not limited to the followings:
1) If you run multiple websites on the Cloud Compute Service, you must ensure that all the websites are licensed or approved by the national authorities;
2) If your website provides non-commercial Internet information services, you must apply for ICP license for non-commercial websites, and ensure that all the submitted information is true and effective, and timely update the information in the ICP license system in case of any changes in the ICP license information;
3) If your website provides commercial internet information services, you shall also obtain a commercial website license from the local communication management authority;
4) If you provide BBS and other electronic bulletin services, you are also required to apply for ICP license or obtain corresponding approval according to relevant laws and policies;
5) If you run the internet game website, you shall obtain the cyber culture business license according to law;
6) If you operate an Internet video website, you shall apply for a license for information network dissemination of audiovisual programs in accordance with the law;
7) If you are engaged in Internet information services such as news, publishing, education, health care, medicines and medical devices, you must be reviewed and approved by relevant authorities in accordance with laws, administrative regulations and relevant national regulations. Before applying for business licenses or going through the ICP license procedures, you shall be reviewed and approved by the relevant authority in accordance with the law.
You understand and agree that the above does not cover all types of permissions or approvals by the relevant authorities for your commercial or non-commercial activities. You shall obtain the relevant permissions or approvals and comply with the requirements of relevant national and local laws and regulations enacted from time to time.
- Guarantee of legality of behavior
You guarantee that you will comply with national and local laws and regulations, industry practices and social public ethics when using the Service, and will not use the services provided by us to store, release and disseminate the followings:
1) Any content (information) that violates national laws, regulations and policies;
2) Political propaganda and/or news information in violation of national regulations;
3) Information involving national secrets and/or security;
4) Information involving feudal superstition and/or obscene, pornographic, obscene information or information abetting crime;
5) Information about gambling lottery, gambling games, and information violating the national ethnic and religious policies;
6) Information hindering the safe operation of the internet;
7) Information or content that infringes the legitimate rights and interests of others and/or is detrimental to social order, public security and public morality.
Meanwhile, you also promise not to provide any convenience for others to release the above information which does not conform to the national regulations and/or the Agreement, including but not limited to setting URL, BANNER link, sending email, SMS, etc.
You agree that Baidu AI Cloud has the right to terminate the provision of the services for you when you violate the above agreement, and does not refund any payment. You shall assume relevant legal responsibilities for any loss caused by your behaviors above to Baidu AI Cloud or other users of Baidu AI Cloud.
No dissemination of harmful information
You shall not spread bulk unsolicited email advertisements and spam mail (SPAM): i.e. you shall not distribute bulk unsolicited emails, electronic advertisements or emails containing reactionary, pornographic and other harmful information by using the services provided by Baidu AI Cloud. “Harmful information” includes but is not limited to:
- Information related to investigation, competition, pyramid sale, chain letters, spam or any replicable or actively provided messages (for commercial or other purposes) sent by using communication services;
- Information containing defamation, abuse, harassment, intimidation, threat to others or other violations of the legitimate rights of others (such as privacy and publicity right);
- Release, post, upload, distribute or spread any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, obscene, inferior information or other illegal subject, name, material or information;
- Upload or otherwise provide files containing images, photos, software or other information protected by intellectual property law (including but not limited to copyright or trademark law), privacy or publicity right, except where you own or control these rights or obtain all necessary permissions;
- Infringe any copyright, trademark, patent, business secret or other exclusive rights of any party in any way when using any materials or information (including images and photos) obtained through the service;
- Upload software or program containing virus, Trojan horse, worm, time bomb, cleaner, damaged file or any similar software or program that may damage other people’s computers or assets;
- Advertise or offer to sell or purchase any goods or services for any commercial purpose, unless such information is expressly permitted by the communication service;
- Download any file posted by another communication service user that you exactly know or should have known that they shall not be illegally replicated, displayed, executed and/or distributed in such manner;
- Forge or delete any copyright management information, such as authorship attribution, legal notice or other corresponding statement, proprietary logo, source or source label of software or other information contained in the uploaded file;
- Obtain or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses;
- Mislead others by making false identities;
- Use, download or otherwise replicate, or make available (free or chargeable) to any other person or entity any directory, usage information or partial information of the service user or other users.
- Requirements for legality of communication service information
Baidu AI Cloud does not assume the obligation to monitor communication service, but reserves the right to check the information posted to the communication service and remove any information at its sole discretion. Baidu AI Cloud reserves the right to terminate your access to any or all communication services for legal reasons at any time without further notice.
Please always proceed with caution when providing any personally identifiable information about yourself or person under your custody in any communication service. Baidu AI Cloud does not control or accept any content, message or information that appears in any communication service, and does not bear any responsibility for communication service and any behavior caused by your joining in the communication service.
Information uploaded to communications services may be subject to public restrictions on use, reproduction and/or distribution; you shall comply with these restrictions upon downloading.
- Requirements for legality of resource use
You shall not occupy, or cause the programs or processes, etc. to occupy in large quantities the server memory, CPU or network bandwidth resources (such as Internet mining, etc.) in the platform (hereinafter referred to as Cloud Platform) formed by the Cloud computing resources of Baidu AI Cloud (such as Cloud Compute, network bandwidth, memory space, etc.), and bring serious and unreasonable loads to the Cloud Platform or the network or servers of other users (including but not limited to local and nonlocal and international networks, servers, etc.), products and applications, which affects the smooth connection between Baidu AI Cloud and the international internet or other specific networks and servers, or cause shutdown or crash of the products and services on Cloud Platform or servers of other platform users, or inaccessibility to products/applications by other platform users basing on Cloud Platform. Once found, your host will be forced to stop, your Baidu AI Cloud account will also be frozen immediately, and Baidu AI Cloud reserves the right to pursue your legal liability.
Requirements for safety of software use
Without the written permission of Baidu AI Cloud, you shall not modify, translate, adapt, lease, transfer license, spread or transfer the services or software provided by Baidu AI Cloud on the information network, nor shall you try to find the source code of the services or software provided by Baidu AI Cloud through reverse engineering, decompilation or in other ways.
You shall not do any damage or attempt to damage network security, including but not limited to phishing, hacking, internet fraud, website or space contained or suspected of spreading the followings: Virus, Trojan horse, malicious code, and suspected attacks on other websites and servers, such as scanning, sniffing, ARP spoofing, DDoS, etc.
You shall not make any change or attempt to change the configuration or damage the security of systems provided by Baidu AI Cloud. When using the service, it shall not damage, disable, overload or obstruct any server of Baidu AI Cloud or any networks connected to any server of Baidu AI Cloud in any way, nor interfere with any other user’s use of and access to any service. You shall not attempt to use any service, other accounts, and computer systems or network connected to any server of Baidu AI Cloud or any service by intrusion, password stealing or any other means. You shall not obtain or attempt to obtain any material or information not explicitly provided by the service by any means.
Requirements for restriction of user behavior
Unless you have purchased a service specially used for the purpose, you shall not use the Service to engage in DDoS protection, DNS protection and other protection sales business.
You shall not use services provided by Baidu AI Cloud to engage in activities not subject to internet censorship to obtain overseas illegal information for the Territory.
You shall not install or use pirated software on service or platform of Baidu AI Cloud; you shall be responsible for your own installation of software and operation.
You shall, besides the Service, take reasonable and safe technical measures to ensure the security and integrity of all kinds of data and other information stored in Baidu server as a result of using the Service, and take full responsibility for the consequences caused by your behaviors (including but not limited to arrearage, own installation of software, encryption measures or other security measures).
- Requirements for legality of user behavior
When using the Service, you must comply with the Agreement and Baidu’s relevant requirements, and shall not use the Service to engage in or provide convenience for the following behaviors (including but not limited to providing convenience for the behaviors of your end users, etc.):
1) Use the Cloud Compute of the Service as a virtual server or disk space for lease, and as a proxy server (Proxy) or mailbox server;
2) Conduct illegal internet activities such as gambling lottery, gambling games, “personal server” and “tag-on service” etc.;
3) Release, transmit and disseminate email advertisement and spam mail (SPAM);
4) Release, transmit and disseminate unwelcome or unsolicited e-mails, electronic advertisements, SMS advertisements or emails or SMS containing reactionary, pornographic and other harmful information;
5) Establish or use relevant equipment to configure and run programs or processes unrelated to the service used, resulting in occupation in large quantities of the server memory, CPU or network bandwidth resources in the Service, and thus bringing serious loads to the system of the Service or other network or servers used by the users in the Service (including but not limited to local and nonlocal and international networks, servers, etc.), products/applications and services, which affects the smooth connection between the Service and the international internet or other specific networks and servers, and smooth connection within the Service, or causes shutdown or crash of the Service or the servers used by other users in the Service, or inaccessibility to products or services by other users of service provided by Baidu AI Cloud;
6) Implement any behaviors destroying or trying to destroy the network security, including but not limited to malicious scanning, illegal intrusion into the system, illegal access to data, etc. on the website and the server by virus, Trojan horse, malicious code, phishing, etc.;
7) Make any change or attempt to change the configuration or damage the security of systems provided by the Service.
8) Use technology or other means to destroy or disrupt the operation of the Service or the use of the Service by others;
9) Interfere or attempt to interfere with the normal operation of any product or any part or function of Baidu in any way, or make, release and disseminate the above tools and methods;
10) Conduct any behavior that may violate honesty and credibility, public order and good customs, and public morality; release false information in any way to induce users to share false information, etc.;
11) If you engaged in any business, including but not limited to “DNS resolution”, “security services”, “domain name proxy”, “reverse proxy”, etc., resulting in frequent attacks (including but not limited to DDoS attack) suffered by service platform of Baidu AI Cloud or other users of the platform, and you failed to correct such behavior in time, or eliminate the impact as required by Baidu, thereby causing threats to users of platform of the Service or other platforms, once found, your host will be forced to stop and your account will also be frozen immediately.
- Agreement on reasonable data processing
You can specify the region where your content is stored. Without your consent, we will not transfer your content from the region you choose, unless (a) it must be transferred to comply with applicable laws and regulations or binding orders of government agencies; (b) according to your entrustment, you should ensure that your entrustment has gotten the necessary government licenses and user authorizations, and have the right to entrust Baidu to transmit relevant content to other regions; (c) it is transferred for the purpose of providing billing, management, technical services or investigating security incidents or violations of this agreement. We may process some data in the data center region where you use the service, and we may also process this data in the region where we maintain the operation, support and investigation system and teams.
If you violate this user service agreement, Baidu AI Cloud has the right to refuse to continue to provide you with any services.
If you use Baidu AI Cloud products or services to engage in any behavior that violates laws, regulations, or infringes on the legal rights of others, Baidu AI Cloud has the right to perform network security management obligations in accordance with the law, suspend or terminate the service, and reserves the right to pursue your relevant legal liabilities in accordance with the law.